Coventry and Substance Abuse Recovery: Overview
Coventry is a subsidiary of Aetna, one of the largest insurance companies in the United States. It is based in Maryland and offers health insurance policies that cover everything from standard medical care to dental care, vision care and, of course, rehab care.
Coventry approach each case individually, understanding that no two addictions and no two patients are the same. As soon as you seek their help, they will assign you a qualified physician who will asses you and then prescribe the best course of action.
Coventry are very selective when it comes to choosing rehab clinics and treatment providers. They only work with clinics that have been proven to be effective, and dismiss anything that is experimental. That’s why the FootPrints Behavioral Health Center is one of the most trusted Coventry accepted treatment centers on the west coast.
“Drugs are a bet with your mind.”
– Jim Morriso
Coventry Coverage for Specific Addictions
Opiate addictions are one of the biggest problems in the United States right now. The US has just 5% of the world’s population, but it consumes 95% of the world’s pain medications. So, no matter what your doctor tells you, and no matter what the drug companies tell you, the vast majority of these pain meds are not necessary.
In many Middle-Eastern and Asian countries, and even in European countries like Greece, you will not find opiates in anything. Most of these countries won’t give you opiates if you’re writhing pain in a hospital bed, and they will definitely not give you them for dental pain, broken limbs and other commonly prescribed conditions. They take a hard-line. It’s fair to say that they have gone to the other extreme, but it just proves that people can survive without these medications and that the US has a massive issue that it needs to address.
Until it does, it’s the people who have to suffer. But the blame for your addiction is not all on your shoulders, and the recovery is not all down to you either. If you have coverage through Coventry and you’re addicted to opiates, then you will be able to take advantage of complete inpatient treatment here at the FootPrints Behavioral Health Center.
It’s not just limited to opiates either, as addictions to all of the following will also lead to fully comprehensive inpatient treatment:
- Amphetamine and Methamphetamine (including drugs prescribed for ADHD)
- Sedatives and Barbiturates
You may also receive treatment for psychological addictions to substances like cannabis, inhalants, hallucinogens and synthetic drugs. However as these are typically not considered to cause withdrawals or to be physically addictive, it will all depend on the circumstances, as well as your health and your history.
Using Coventry to Pay for Treatment
There are usually copayments to pay on your treatment, but it all depends on the option you choose. The following will give you an idea of the policies available for rehab coverage, and the treatment costs that they cover:
- Medicare A: Inpatient treatment is partially covered by this plan. This means that everything from your stay in a rehab clinic to the medications they prescribe and the treatments they offer, will be covered to an extent.
- Medicare B: This policy covers 80% of all outpatient care. It will also cover medications, aftercare, therapy and mental health services. Inpatient treatment is not covered by this plan.
- CoventryCares: With this plan you will be covered for some out-of-network expenses, as well as complete in-network care.
There are plans that are a little more cut-and-dry, plans whereby you play a flat rate for treatment and then receive that treatment without any extra charges. These might be preferable if you need extensive treatment.
Length and Depth of Coverage
You are not the one who decides the best course of treatment. That will be recommended by a physician that works within the Coventry network. They will asses you and they will look at a number of factors to determine what the right course of treatment is.
As detailed above, if you are using a strong drug, one that causes painful, difficult and even life-threatening withdrawals, then there is a good chance you will be recommended for inpatient treatment (although this is not a guarantee).
But even if you’re using a dug typically not considered to be addictive, then you may still receive the sort of comprehensive treatment offered by Coventry accepted treatment centers like the FootPrints Behavioral Health Center.
The following factors will be assessed to determine this:
- History of treatment and its effectiveness (if something has been tried and did not work, they will be less inclined to try it again)
- Status of mental and physical health (you will be considered more of a priority if you have a preexisting mental health condition or if the addiction is causing damage to your health)
- Stability of home environment (if you don’t have the support at home, they may determine that you are not suitable for outpatient care)
- Past trauma that may lead to psychological issues (anything that can trigger a relapse during recovery needs to be monitored)
Rehabs for Coventry
The FootPrints Behavioral Health Center is one of the biggest in-network rehabs for Coventry policyholders. We offer extensive inpatient treatment for all addictions, and we can also help you to better understand your policy and to get the most value out of it.
- What are the benefits of Coventry coverage for Californians?
There is a reason that many addicts come to the state of California to get treatment and the FootPrints Behavioral Health Center is a large part of that. Here you will find the latest in addiction treatment services, all of which have been proven to be effective, which is why this rehab clinic continues to receive referrals from Coventry and why it is one of the biggest clinics in the Coventry network.
- Where can I learn more?
You can also put your questions direct to Coventry, who will talk you through your policy and can also help you to choose the policy that is right for you.