Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.
– C.G. Jung
Aetna and Substance Abuse Recovery: Overview
Aetna was named after Mount Etna, a volcano in Italy. This name was created to tie-in with their initial status as a insurance company that specialized in fire, but it is a name that remained as Aetna evolved.
As a member of the Fortune 100, Aetna is one of the biggest companies in the world. It was founded over 160 years ago and remains as one of the biggest insurance providers in the world. Aetna works with a number of health care professionals, and the Aetna network includes over half a million primary-care doctors, over 13 million pharmacy members and over 5,000 hospitals.
Aetna covers everything from dental care to standard medical care, and it’s rehab care is one of the most subscribed in the industry.
Aetna Coverage for Specific Addictions
There are plans that cover Aetna PPO coverage for drug addiction and Aetna PPO coverage for alcohol addiction. These cover a range of addictions and there are treatment options available for all types of addicts.
All of the following addictions are covered by Aetna, but this is by no means a complete list. If you are using a substance frequently and habitually, and if that substance is having a negative impact on your life and health, then you may qualify:
- Prescription Drugs (opiates, benzodiazepines, stimulants, etc.,)
Using Aetna to Pay for Treatment
Your policy will dictate how much you have to pay and whether you need to pay anything at all. The majority of policies are based on some out-of-pocket expenses. This basically means that you will have to pay for some of your treatment, but Aetna will cover the majority of it.
It is important to read the terms and conditions of your policy before accepting, and to understand that by spending a little more now, you might be saving a lot of money further down the line. Simply put, the more you pay for your policy, the more you can expect to save at a later date.
When it comes to simple screening sessions, short therapy sessions, generic drug treatments and other outpatient treatments, the costs are fairly low across the board and you can get a very good policy for a very reasonable fee.
Length and Depth of Coverage
Your treatment will depend on the extent of your addiction, as well as the substance that you are addicted to. Here are some of the treatment programs provided by Aetna:
- Substance Abuse Screening: This is something that is available to the majority of patients who have an issue with any given substance. This is performed by a primary-care physician who will determine the extent and the severity of your addiction and will advise the best plan of action.
- Brief Intervention: These are brief 30 minute sessions that aim to connect with the addict, exposing the issues behind their addictions and trying to resolve them. This step will often follow a screening process and is recommended for those with a mild to moderate addiction.
- Inpatient Programs: If the addiction is classed as severe, or if any other treatments have failed to resolve the issue, then an inpatient treatment program may be arranged. These can range from brief appointments that focus on therapy, to regular appointments that employ a number of tactics.
- Rehab Appointments: This is where FootPrints BHC often come into play. If other methods have failed, if the addiction is prolonged or severe, or if the addict’s health is suffering as a result of the addiction, then a stay in a rehab clinic may be recommended. These stays can be anywhere from 1 month to several months, with experienced, professional physicians and therapists working to tackle all aspects of addiction, withdrawal, recovery and relapse prevention.
Rehabs for Aetna
Here at FootPrints BHC we have helped countless clients go through drug and alcohol withdrawal and are perfectly positioned to assist those with Aetna drug rehab coverage. FootPrints BHC is a leading Aetna approved treatment center and we would be happy to assist you with any questions that you have about our extensive treatment programs or about your insurance policy. You can find details on how to contact us here.
- What are the benefits of Aetna coverage for Californians?
As a Californian resident you are entitled to all of Aetna’s comprehensive treatment policies and you can also choose from a large number of inpatient and outpatient treatments. On paper, Californians should have the same treatments available to them as clients in other states, but in practice it is much easier to find help here.
That is perhaps why so many people flock to this state in order to acquire the help they need.
- What are the treatment services covered by Aetna?
Aetna policy holders are able to take advantage of all of the treatment programs offered by the FootPrints Behavioral Health Center, including, but not limited to:
- Medical Detox (a supervised treatment program that helps clients battle through withdrawal)
- Intensive Therapy
- Holistic/Drug Support (not all substances are bad and some can assist with your recovery)
- Private and Group Counseling
- Ongoing Support and Relapse Prevention
- Where can I learn more?
If you want to contact Aetna directly, you can do so here.